Functions On Chapel is part of the original Prahran Town Hall which has been at the centre of community life in Prahran for 150 years.
The Town Hall was built in stages from 1861 to the design of local architects Crouch and Wilson in the popular Italianate style. The complex was extended in 1888 to include a City Hall (now the Prahran Library) located in Greville Street.
The clock tower on Prahran Town Hall is a landmark in Chapel Street. It was designed by Charles D’Ebro and constructed in 1890.